"NLP is an attitude and a methodology that leaves behind a trail of techniques."
Neuro Linguistic Programming, teaches us how to run our own brain more joyfully and with more success.
- Take the experience of an ambitious young man, who wanted to become a professional photographer. He was very good at "using a strategy (behaviour)" powered by his fear of accepting jobs. So most of his prospective clients who called him declined his services, if he did not say no right away himself.
NLP is often said to have (near) magical properties. Here is an example why:
- This ambitious young man came to me for a coaching session, in order to be able to achieve his goal. In no more than two hours of coaching, he changed his strategy and thus increased his selling abilities. Within the next few weeks, he already had quite a few occasions to be astonished about how well he could do the jobs that he had thought he could not...! He finally got a full-time job as a professional photographer in a studio, where he created a turnover of 140,000 Swiss francs in the first year. In the second year, he already doubled it. And that's why people sometimes call NLP magical.
With NLP you can learn how to run your own brain, how to live more in the present and assume responsibility for your life.
NLP derives its name from the metaphor that ours is a mind-body system consisting of a nervous system, which allows us to live, and linguistics with which the system is run. Someone famous said: you are today, what you were thinking yesterday. So it might be high time to run your own brain and learn how to influcence what you are thinking today!
NLP was developed in the US in the 1970s by Richard Bandler (BA in Philosophy and Psychology) and John Grinder (then UCSC Assistant Professor of Linguistics).
Some principles and tenets of NLP
- Behind every behaviour there is a positive intention.
- There is no failure, only feedback.
- he meaning of communication is the response it produces, not the intended communication.
- One cannot not communicate: every behaviour is a kind of communication.
- Choice is better than no choice.
- People already have all the internal resources they need to succeed.
If you would like to know more about NLP and what it can do for you, contact me and discover the person, who you really want to be(come).